Sunday, November 19, 2006
5'10" new standard quad shape by Marlin Bacon. Lightweight, flexy and strong Kiri and Bamboo glass-on fins handmade by Marlin Bacon. Built with quality next generation polyurethane foam and environmentally responsible vapor suppressed resin. Color work by Peter St Pierre. Watertight gloss and polish finish.
19 1/2" wide
2 3/8" thickness
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Today is National Buy Local Day. Be sure to support your local mom&pop surf shops. Please support your local shapers and glassers.
Why Buy Local?
• Local businesses produce more income, jobs, and tax receipts for local communities than big box stores do.
• Local businesses are more likely to utilize local ads, banks and other services.
• Local businesses donate more money to nonprofits and are more accountable to their local communities.
• Supporting local businesses preserves the economic diversity of our communities and the unique character of our neighborhoods.
• Supporting local businesses is good for the environment, because it cuts down on fuel consumption. Buying locally produced goods reduces the need to ship goods from thousands of miles away and also cuts down on the distances shoppers travel.
Thursday, November 09, 2006